- Nutrition Challenge: October 1 – 31, who is in? Also, who is interested in bringing back the dunk tank to test their body fat percentages? We used this service for last fall’s nutrition challenge, and we had great feedback. Please write post to comments if you would like to test your body fat percentage before & after the challenge ($100 for both testings). See flyer for more details.
- Save the date: This October marks CrossFit 908’s fifth birthday! We will be throwing a 5th anniversary party on the gym on Saturday, November 1. It’s going to be the best one yet!
It’s Yoursday. Today is a programmed rest day at CrossFit 908 You can come to any of the regularly scheduled classes to make up a missed workout, work on a skill, lift something heavy, mobilize, hang, or just do whatever. Be respectful with how much space you take up. Enjoy the day.
Optional 9/11 Tribute Workout:
- 2001 Meter Row or Run (1.25 miles)
- 11 Box Jumps (30/24″)
- 11 Thrusters (125/85#)
- 11 Burpee Chest to Bar Pull ups
- 11 Power Cleans (170/120#)
- 11 HSPU
- 11 KB Swings (70/53#)
- 11 TTB
- 11 Deadlifts (170/120#)
- 11 Push Jerks (110/75#)
- 2001 Meter Run or Row
The WOD itself is completely symbolic of 9/11. The 2001M row or run represents the year the attack took place. The 11 Reps of 9 exercises represent the date. Even the weights have meaning. The 125lb Thrusters represents the number of deaths that occurred at the Pentagon. The 175lb Power Clean symbolizes AA Flight 175 that hit the South Tower. The 170lb Deadlift is symbolic of flight 77 and Flight 93 combined. The 110lb Push Jerk represents the number of floors in each tower of the World Trade Center.