At 908 we have been involved with many Fundraisers over the years, and we are always up for supporting great causes. Our friends at CrossFit Annex have started raising money for Team Joseph, a non-profit dedicated to finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a muscle disease that can affect 1 of 3,500 boys. This event helps to fund research to help find a treatment for these young boys. Last year alone they were able to raise over $40,000. On Saturday, 10/29, Crossfit Annex is hosting Battle of The Boroughs, an event that supports Team Joseph. I am unable to attend the event due to a prior engagement, but I told CF Annex we would be happy to help support this cause. On that Saturday, we’ll be incorporating the Team Joseph WOD into our programming. We encourage all of you to visit our Crowdrise page and help us support this amazing fundraiser. If you can sign up for the event, that would be great, but if not we’ll be doing the Team Joseph workout that day. Any and all support is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Tim & Erin
Extra Fitness – I just wanted to address something that a lot of people have been asking me about recently. I know many people want to perform additional work after the 908 workout. That is great, we totally support that, but there are stipulations. For those that have asked in the past, you already know, but I wanted to make our policy at the gym official. You can do extra work at CrossFit 908 if you meet the following criteria.
- You have an unlimited membership. This is pretty simple. If you do not have an unlimited membership, that means you are paying for a set amount of classes each month. If you do the 908 workout, and stay for another 30 minutes to squat, you are using two classes and you will be charged as such going forward. Let’s keep it easy, unlimited or no additional work.
- You have already completed the 908 workout of the day. CrossFit 908 is the gym you subscribe too. You either have faith in our programming and therefore should make that the priority, or don’t, in which case maybe we’re not the gym for you. Either way, we want you to get #allthegainz you can, but there are rules. Please follow them.
We fully support all of our members’ athletic endeavors, but our priority is to our community and the classes they pay for. If you plan to do extra work, please be respectful of the class in session. They have priority over space and equipment. If you have any issues, please email me – [email protected]
- Strength – Over the course of 5-6 sets find a 3 rep max Thruster – 20 minutes
- Conditioning – AMRAP10 – “Hurt-iccane”
- 7 Pull Ups (Sx = 7 Jumping Pull Ups / CRx = 3 Bar Muscle Ups)
- 15 Wall Balls (Sx = 14#/10# – Rx = 20#/14# to 10ft)
- Finisher – 5 Sets – 10 DB Bent Over Rows + 10-20 push ups