- CrossFit For Hope – On June 9 CrossFit Affiliates around the world will be completing a workout named “Hope” to help support St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. In previous years CrossFit affiliates were called upon to support the Wounded Warrior Project through the event Fight Gone Bad. This year our focus has shifted to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital . The thing is that we only have two weeks left until the event. A failure on my part to promote this earlier does not constitute an emergency on your part. All I’m saying is that, as CrossFitters, we are good at getting a lot done in a short amount of time. We may be one of the latest Affiliates to the fundraising process, but I’m sure we won’t be last on the fundraising list. We got to meet the CrossFit HQ staff in charge of the CrossFit For Hope event at the Northeast Regionals this past weekend, and they were a great group of people. One of the reasons I feel passionate about raising money for St. Jude is because of my sister and all she does with her time and energy. My sister, Katie, has spent the past 12 years of her life as a nurse for kids with cancer and other diseases. Meanwhile, I have yet to meet a child with cancer. In a way I feel fortunate that I don’t know any children with cancer, because that means my friends and family are healthy, but I don’t want to be ignorant to the fact that so many families have to deal with children with diseases. Katie, you are a phenomenal sister, an unbelievable person, and an even better nurse. You have supported the gym and me from the beginning, and I want to show my appreciation for all that you do. Erin and I donated already, and we hope that we can get others to do the same. Thank you for taking the time to read this. We will be hosting this event on Saturday, June 9th at 9am. Sign up here to register or donate!
- New Fundamentals Tonight @ 7:30pm
- ZenPlanner – Use ZenPlanner for buying your memberships and registering for classes. Please do not use MindBody anymore!
- Laurie and her husband Bart have generously offered to host a CF908 BBQ at their house in New Providence this Saturday, June 2nd @ 3PM. Please RSVP and comment on the post as to what you will be bringing for food/drink! It will be great to get everyone together and celebrate post regionals.
- June 3rd – Spartan Race in Tuxedo, NY
- Mobility Warm Up
- 5 x 1 – 3 position clean (Ground / Knees / High Hang without resetting)
- WOD – 10 min AMRAP
- 20 Kettlebell Swings (53/35 – don’t scale up)
- 15 Push Ups (Strict / NO hand release)
- 10 Toes To Bar (Practice getting feet behind bar at bottom and both feet hitting the bar)
- Accessory – 1 x max rep hip extensions
2 thoughts on “05/29/12 – CrossFit For Hope”
Tim, thank you so very much for your beautiful words :). You know I truly loved taking care of those children and their families. I think this is a wonderful event, and I am sure that there will be a lot of wonderful donations made…every dollar truly counts. I am working on that day (but, of course! heehee!), but I will definitely be donating and cheering you guys on!!! In the oncology world, we always say, “When all else fails, there is HOPE!!!” XOXO
Any chance you brought back those ice baths from Boston? Would be nice to utilize those as opposed to do anything…..at all.