This past saturday CrossFit 908 held it’s third annual Garden State Open competition. It was an absolutely amazing day. The level of athlete keeps getting better. The level of judging keeps getting better. The volunteers keep growing and doing an outstanding job. The day went off without a hitch. We had over 20 908 athletes compete, and they all did absolutely fantastic. Check out the GSO leaderboard to see where your 908 family finished. Some notable top-10 finishes were the following.
- Anthony Santora – 1st Place – Men’s Scaled
- Anthony Bennett – 2nd Place – Men’s Scaled
- Greg Pace – 5th Place – Men’s Scaled
- Dan Henn – 9th Place – Men’s Scaled
- Navin Kuriyan – 10th Place – Men’s Scaled
- Hannah Markey – 6th Place – Women’s Scaled
- Karen Brown – 10th Place – Women’s Scaled
- Ashley Janosko (AJ) – 11th Place – Women’s RX (Our highest placing female in RX)
- Rick Pinero – 6th Place – Men’s Rx
- Jake Carrion – 9th Place – Men’s Rx
There are countless “Thank-Yous” owed to all of volunteers, spectators, judges, athletes, vendors, and everyone between. It takes months of preparation for one event on one-day, but when it goes as smoothly as Saturday went, it is all worth it. Every event teaches us something new, and we can’t wait to improve the GSO for 2015. Thank you!
Today’s Workout: – GSO athletes, come to the gym for some mobility and light conditioning.
- Back Squat – 5×3 @ 93% of 3RM (20 min time cap)
- Conditioning – For Time – 15 min Time Cap
- 30 Wall Balls (Sx = 14#/10# – Rx = 20#/14#)
- 30 Pull Ups
- 30 Box Jumps (Sx = 20″/18″ – Rx = 24″/20″)
- 30 Burpees
- 30 Toes To Bar
- NOTE – Scale to 20 reps per movement if 15 minutes seems unattainable.
- Finisher – 1 Mile Jog