Jon asked a good question yesterday on the blog regarding Soy products and the current controversy. As wikipedia points out, the problem is with UNfermented soy products, which are commonly used to make soy milk and tofu. In many Asian countries fermented soy products have been used for centuries and have proven to have health benefits. Mark from MDA, in this post, explains that fermented foods, while not all primal, can be fairly nutritious and beneficial to our health.
Today’s Links –
- Growth Hormone – The Fact and The Fiction
- Sacred Cows – Can fermented foods make you sick?
- Softball Grip Pull ups
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm up
- Team WOD – In teams of 3, complete as many reps as possible in 15 minutes of
- Run around building (out the back door and in the front)
- Wall Balls (20/14)
- Ring Dips
- NOTE – As one person runs, the other two teammates will be doing wall balls and ring dips. When the runner gets back, the runner will go to wall balls, the person at wall balls will move to ring dips and the person at ring dips will run. The clock runs continuously for 15 minutes. The team with the most reps as the end wins!
- Finisher – Tabata Squat Thrusts (Timer 2 on the clock). Squat below parallel and then jump as high as possible. Repeat as fast as possible for 8 rounds of 20 seconds on / 10 seconds off.