908ers, there is a CrossFit initiative to help raise money for the funding of schools in Kenya, a very worthy cause. Guerrilla Fitness @ CrossFit Morristown is hosting an event on Saturday, January 26th to help suppor the cause. You can read all about it HERE. Please consider participating in this event. If you are interested, please email me to let me know that you are doing it. We hope to send at least a handful of athletes. Here is a little blurb about CrossFit’s involvement in Kenya thus far.
CrossFit has been involved in changing lives in rural Kenya for just overa year now. Since Coach Glassman decided to begin the Kenya initiative,there have been four classrooms, two 35,000 liter water tanks, 60 desks anda latrine built across three different villages, affecting about 2,000 schoolchildren total. CrossFit, along with Koins for Kenya, plans to do much, muchmore as a result of the Hope for Kenya WOD date set for Jan 19. To build atwo-room school building in this part of the world, it costs only $14,000 andit can hold up to 140 students at a time. Lasting for up to three generations,this building will, in turn, hold upwards of 21,000 students while its wallsstill stand.
Thank you all for considering this!
- Warm Up – 2 x 30 DU’s / 20m Handstand Walk or 20 sec HS hold / 10 Ring Dips
- WOD – Partner WOD – Task oriented Fight Gone Bad
- 100 Wall Balls (20#/14#)
- 100 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (75#/55#)
- 100 Box Jumps (20″)
- 100 Push Press (75#/55#)
- 100 Calorie Row
- Note: There are no set rest periods and teams can break up the movements however they like. Only one partner can work at a station at a time. For those of you know who know the traditional FGB workout, this would give you an individual score of around 250 reps each. If you are interested in scaling up, every 10 additional reps at each exercise will yield you a total of 50 more reps in the workout. A score of 300 is competitive, a score of 350 is in line with many regional competitors, and a score of 400 is in the top 1-2% of CrossFit competitors. Choose your goal, and go after it.
- Finisher – AMRAP 2 Toes To Bar