….and we’re back. Some things of note:
- Fundamentals Program – We are starting a new Fundamentals group within the next week. If you know anyone who is interested please have them email [email protected]. The class will meet at least twice per week at night.
- January’s Programming – This month is dedicated to progress. We will be using workouts from the past year. I will post the dates from when we last performed the workout. The workouts will be in chronological order, so the first few workouts will be from over a year ago while the later workouts will be from the previous few months. Today’s workout is a new workout that will be repeated at the end of the month for anyone who is new to CF 908.
- Nutrition – I won’t speak for all of the members at 908, but I definitely lost control of my nutrition over the past few weeks. I am interested as to whether some members are interested in a Nutrition Challenge. We can do a traditional one or create something different. Ideas wanted.
- Heavy Deadlifts – We will be scaling back the frequency with which we deadlift heavy. Given all the squatting, snatches, cleans, swings, etc our lower backs are taking a beating. The deadlift is a fantastic lift, but it can be overdone easily. We will continue to squat each week, but heavy deadlifts will be cut to 2x per month. If you miss a day we’re deadlifting you are more than welcome to make it up on another day. You can show up early or stay after and deadlift. You won’t be able to get the same level of instruction, but hopefully your technique is good after all the practice we have done!
Today’s Links – (Thank you Billy for the links)
- A look inside the “Raw” Milk Underground – Yahoo
- Barefoot Running Shoes: How Effective Are They? – Huffington Post
- The Barefoot Alternative: Vibram Five Fingers Shoes – Huffington Post
These are two good front squats, however both of their elbows are too low. After searching through the all of the pictures from this workout everyone’s elbows are too low. Always work on your technique and you’ll stay healthy and get strong.
- Mobility Warm Up
- WOD – 5 Rounds For Time
- 30 Double Unders
- 25 Wall Balls (20/14 to a 10ft target)
- 20 Sit Ups
- 15 Box Jumps (24″/20″ Full Foot On Box)
- 3 x 20 GHD Hip Extensions