***UPDATE AS OF 5:34PM: There is a water main break and possible gas leak. The buiding was ordered to be evacuated. For the 6PM and 6:45PM Fundamentals classes — Meet at the soccer field next to the Berkeley Heights train station on Plainfield Avenue.
Note To Members About Signing In – Apparently limiting classes has backfired a bit. The 6am is popular, which I love, but we’re having an issue. Some people are signing up for the entire week just to reserve a spot, then don’t show up in the AM for whatever reason, and expect to get the class back. On Friday we had 8 people no show in the morning. Valid excuse or not, this ruins it for those who want to sign in and get put on the wait list. I love you all, but this is a business first and foremost. I have to keep it running in the most efficient manner I know how. There are rules that we all have to follow. Here they are:
- You must sign up for the classes you plan to attend (At least 40 min in advance)
- You must cancel yourself out of a class if you cannot attend (At least 40 min in advance)
Do your best to follow these rules. Habitual rule breakers will lose classes. If you have an unlimited membership, you may think your are free to do as you please, but this is not the case. You will owe me 50 burpees every time you are late canceled.
Nutrition Challenge Talk Tomorrow night @ 7:30pm at the gym. Then over to The Tavern in Scotch Plains for a few beverages. You can begin to weigh in anytime this week. Please use the scale in the office. No shoes.
Today’s Recipe – Sauteed Coconut Thyme Shrimp Over Spaghetti Squash – Giving Up Grains
- Low Carb, High Protein Diets May Reduce Both Tumor Growth Rates and Cancer Risk – Science Daily
- Carb Refeeding and Weight Loss – Mark’s Daily Apple
- Primal Advice For Acne Sufferers – Mark’s Daily apple
- Mobility Warm Up
- Back Squat – 10-8-6-4-2 (If you did this two weeks ago, attempt to increase each set by 5-10lbs)
- WOD – 9-15-21 reps for time of
- Reverse Overhead Lunge (45/25) – 2-for-1
- High Box Jump (30″/24″)
- Finisher – 50 Toes to Bar in as few sets as possible.