Fundamentals meets for the second time tonight @ 7pm.
Friday ‘s @ 6pm from July 23 through Sept 3 are cancelled.
Saturday, July 24 9:30am CrossFit class is cancelled.
I recently realized that I have never made it clear how some of the equipment is organized in the gym. I took a few pictures to help me explain. Here we go…
The notebook cubby is color coded. Blue with blue, yellow with yellow, etc. It is as straightforward as it gets. It doesn’t matter the shade, if it is green, then it goes with the other green books.
I’ve tried my best to label the jump ropes and here is an explanation of how you know which is which. They are hung up from shortest to longest going from left to right on the pull up bar.
- Shortest – Black handles with white tape
- Medium – Black handles NO tape
- Long – Orange and Yellow Handles
- Longest – The “different” jump ropes on the far right. They are heavier and have thicker ropes. They vary in color but they are the longest.
The medicine balls are stored according to weight. The lightest, 6lbs, on the top and the heaviest, 20lbs, on the bottom. They go in ascending order from top to bottom – 6/8/10/14/20. ALSO – The assistance bands want to stay with each other. Keep the same colors together.
It’s all pretty easy. Just remember to put your implement back where you found it, and if you found it in the wrong place please help me to find its home.
ADDED BONUS – To make this interesting and in the spirit of fitness, if you put something away in the wrong spot and I catch you, everybody in the class will do five burpees. I figure we workout together and drink together so we might as well pay for our sins together. Who is going to be the first one? Probably someone who is not reading my site on a daily basis. You will soon be discovered. Love, Tim.
Today’s Links –
- Bacon Wrapped Mini-Frittata – Girl Gone Primal
- Course syllabus – Talk to me Johnnie (Resources for nutrition and fitness)
- Interval Training Doesn’t Work – T-Nation (Always good to read differing opinions)
Check out this cool CrossFit Adidas commercial – It was for the 2010 CrossFit Games and features Chris Spealer who placed 3rd in the mens division and Heather Bergeron who placed 8th.
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm Up / Burgener Warm Up
- 2 x 10 of the following – Hip Extensions / Sit Ups / Push Ups / Mountain Climbers
- WOD – Complete 21-15-9 reps of each of the following for time
- Deadlift (40-60% of your 1RM)
- Ring Dip
- Pull Up (Chest to bar if possible)
- Planks – 2 minutes front + 1 minute on each side