We are closed today, but instead of leaving you hanging I am going to post some different workout options. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Today’s Links –
- Sounds Cues and Circadian Rhythms – Mark’s Daily Apple
- Grain Free Gluten Free Cookies of Awesomeness – Joyful Abode
- MovNat Day 3 – Robb Wolf – I think it would be cool to go to one of these. Jon P. is definitely down with it.
Workout # 1 –
- 20 min AMRAP – Run 400m / Rest the exact amount of time of your last run. i.e. if it took you 2 minutes to do a 400m run, rest 2 minutes and then run again. Continue until you hit 20 minutes. Since you are resting, make sure you push it on the runs. This is not supposed to be a light jog. If the workout seems easy, you need to step it up.
Workout #2 –
- Tabata Mash Up – Complete 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest rotating through each of the 5 exercises below. This is a mash up so you are alternating exercises every 20/10.
- Squat Jumps – Go into a full depth squat and jump as high as you can. Repeat
- Push ups with release – Every time your chest touches the ground, pick your hands up and then place them back down and push. This guarantees that you are going all the way to the ground
- Flutter Kicks – Lay flat on the ground and kick your feet up and down (about a 6″ range of motion) keeping the legs straight. You can put your hands under your butt.
- Mountain Climbers – Get your feet to the outsides of your hands when you bring them up.
Workout #3 –
- Pick a spot where you can sprint 20 meters. Complete the following for time
- 10 Burpees
- Sprint 20m
- 9 Burpees
- Sprint back 20m
- 8 Burpees
- Sprint 20m
- 7 Burpees …..Continue all the way down to 1 burpee and finish with a 20m sprint.