Nutrition Info – Things to Know
- Weigh Ins – Starting this Wednesday, October 27 we will be weighing in all participants in the November nutrition challenge. The last day to weigh in is Monday, November 1.
- Challenge Winner – The person who loses the most weight as a % of their total bodyweight will receive a FREE unlimited month at CrossFit 908.
- Challenge Workout – On Monday, November 1 we will host a workout as a benchmark for the nutrition challenge. Not only is cleaning up your diet supposed to help you lose a few lbs of fat, it is also supposed to improve your fitness. The person who improves their time the most as a percentage of their original time will be the winner. The winner of the workout challenge will receive 50% off their next month at CF 908.
- Food Log – As a part of the challenge we will require all participants to track their daily food intake. We will not be counting calories, but writing down what you eat is a great way to stay on track with the nutrition plan. You have to write down EVERYTHING you eat and the ingredients. If you have a protein shake you don’t have to write down the ingredients of the protein, but you have to list what is in the salad you eat.
- Shopping – Make sure you go food shopping before Monday! You need to stack your house with Meats, Fish, Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts and Seeds. Remember this is more than just a diet, it is a healthy lifestyle change. You need to be prepared for all meals, snacks and everything in between.
- Cheat Meals – There are no scheduled cheat meals per week. The goal is to be as strict as possible. When you do cheat IF you do cheat, make sure you are sticking to an 80% Primal meal. Go for high quality protein, good fats and moderate to low carbs. Pancakes are not a good cheat. A little cheese here and there, some potatoes or sweet potatoes for dinner and all is good. Research the diet, it can only help.
Today’s Links –
- How to Maintain Muscle While Losing Weight – Mark’s Daily Apple
- Distance Runners are a Paradox for Insurers – NYT Health
- Bananas – A fat Burning Powerhouse? – Zen To Fitness
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm Up / Burgener Warm Up
- Power Snatch – 3-3-3-3-3
- Conditioning – For Time
- 10 Front Squats (155/105)
- 20 Double Unders
- 8 Front Squats
- 30 Double Unders
- 6 Front Squats
- 40 Double Unders
- 4 Front Squats
- 50 Double Unders
- 2 Front Squats
- 60 Double Unders
- 3 x 20 GHD Sit Ups
- Stretch – Mobility WOD – Recovering Slack, Post Injury