Schedule Update – Due to the Christmas Party on Friday night, Saturday’s 9:30am class will be cancelled, mainly because the gym will be in no shape for a workout the morning after. I will however post an @Home WOD for anyone interested.
Goals – It is time to focus on our new goal of getting everyone in the gym to be able to complete five consecutive double unders. I am erasing the goal board. Please write you name up there and go for a max set of double unders. Every time you break that number erase the white board and record your new PR. We should have EVERYONEs name on the board. No excuses.
Programming – I am feeling a bit rusty with the workouts I’m able to program. I don’t think what I am doing is wrong, but I’m going to take a break for one-month and let Pat program for December. Pat has been creating some really interesting/challenging workouts for all of you, which I believe will only bring your level of fitness higher. There will be some more skill based work (i.e. handstands/snatches/cleans/jerks/muscle ups/double unders etc.). Also we will likely incorporate some longer workouts and skip the strength work a couple days per week. We will continue to squat and deadlift every week.
Today’s Links –
- Strategies for Correcting Bad Posture – Part II – Eric Cresse
- Bakin’ Bacon – Joyful Abode
- Sauteed Kale With Toasted Pine Nuts – Primal Palate
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm Up – Mobility WOD – Shoulders (Turn Away / Overhead / Traps / First Rib-Pec Minor)
- WOD – 3 Rounds For Time
- 24 Right Arm KB Swing (26/18))
- 12 Right Arm KB Push Press (26/18)
- 12 Pull Ups
- 24 Left Arm KB Swing (26/18)
- 12 Left Arm KB Push Press (26/18)
- 12 Pull Ups
- 3 x 20 GHD Sit Ups