I’m sitting here in Erin’s and my new apartment which we’ve been painting since we got back from our ski trip. By the way, a special thank you to Suz, Sara and Rui for helping us out so far. It’s 9:40pm, and I usually make a post to go up by 10pm, so I am tempted to rush and post anything, I have not programmed for the week yet, and I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. I also realized when I sat down that tomorrow marks the end of the first month of 2011. It literally feels like New Year’s was yesterday. It’s scary how fast time can go, but January has been great to CrossFit 908. We have put 10 people through our Fundamentals program this month. We had one private, Tiffany, and a group of nine (Nick, Victoria, Jim, Greg, Coleen, Thomas, Jason, Scott and Charles.) Congratulations to the 10 of you on your hard work and sticking with CrossFit! We welcome you to our team.
Instead of continuing to ramble, here are some important points for this upcoming week.
- New CrossFit 908 Fundamentals – We want to get another group started as soon as possible. It will be a night class meeting 2x per week. Please email [email protected] if you are interested. As of now the Tuesday/Thursday 6pm is a CrossFit WOD, NOT Fundamentals.
- February, Nutrition Challenge – It’s a primal challenge. Shotgun start. No warning? Who cares? Why can’t you change your diet tomorrow? Why wait? For one month eat the following: Meat, Fish, Chicken, Eggs, Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts and Seeds. Nothing processed. No soda, no pasta, no bread, no cereal, etc. Weigh ins are due no later than this Friday, 02/04. Winner is decided by biggest % of weight lost. Don’t talk about it. Be about it.
- February Goals – Everyone needs to write a goal on the goal board. You have a maximum of 3 months to reach this goal. You can decide to have three one month goals, or one three month goal. Whatever you want to accomplish, make sure it is feasible to reach by 04/30/11. Simple. Don’t be that person who doesn’t have a goal.
- February’s Theme – Squat Month. What’s that mean, Tim? We’ll be squatting more. Ladies, enjoy your new found love of lifting heavy weights and watching your posterior morph into awesomeness. Guys, I expect most of you to be aiming for a 300+lb squat over the next couple months. Take this time to focus on your form and start getting seriously strong.
- CrossFit 908 Night Out – Thursday, February 10 – Location TBD. We are going to celebrate all of the newcomers to CrossFit 908, as well as the old ones!
- New Apparel – I have some new designs being finalized. We’ll be ordering T-Shirts for both guys and girls as well as zip-up hooded sweatshirts. Anything else anyone would like to see on the apparel menu?
- New / Old Rule #1- Clean up your sweat and chalk. 🙂
- New / Old Rule #2– Make sure your shoes are 100% dry when you enter the gym.
- CFH / CF908 Challenge – Saturday, 02/19 – You need to sign up online through www.crossfithoboken.com. Cost is $20 per team. It’s going to be a lot of fun. Stop worrying about whether you will do well and just play!
Here’s what’s happening this week in CF 908
- Monday, 01/31 – WOD from 01/03 – Benchmark
- Tuesday, 02/01 – Squats + Conditioning
- Wednesday – Saturday – TBD – I’ll post what they will be by tomorrow.
Today’s Links –
- Good Weekend Links as Usual – Mark’s Daily Apple
- Ben Crane on Working Out – Thanks Billy
- There is no such thing as macronutrient: Part 1 – PaNu
Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month. I doubt this stuff happens at Gold’s.
- Mobility Warm Up
- WOD – 5 Rounds For Time – Last completed 01/03/11
- 30 Double Unders
- 25 Wall Balls (20#/14# to 10ft target)
- 20 Sit Ups (Abmat)
- 15 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
- Accessory Work – 3 x 20 GHD Hip Extensions
- Encouraged Stretch – Hip and Thoracic Mobility – Mobility WOD
By the way, it is now 11:32pm.