CrossFit 908 Night Out – Tonight 8pm @ Delicious Heights in Berkeley Heights. Come hang out for a bit.
Today’s Recipe – Feta Stuffed Greek Meatballs with Homemade Tzatziki – Life As a Plate
Today’s Links –
- A Primal Primer – Stevia – Mark’s Daily Apple
- Vegans: May be unhealthy, but that’s not what this paper says. Hunt Gather Love
- 21st Century Core Training – T-Nation (Sit ups are bad)
I compiled a video from Monday’s CrossFit Total. I did not get everyone’s lifts but I posted all of the successful lifts I had. CF 908 Disclaimer: Some of the form in this video is unacceptable. We do not promote poor form, however when attempting Max Efforts it is typical to have a break in form. Our goal is to train with proper form as much as possible. View discretion is advised.
On a side note, congratulations to everyone who hit a PR on Monday. There were quite a few of them.
- Mobility Warm Up (Attack your hips)
- Dynamic Effort Box Squat – 10 sets of 3 reps @ 40% of your 1RM with exactly 60 seconds rest in between sets. Therefor this should take you no longer than 10:50. Your stance is ultra wide. Your box height should be where your hip crease is just about parallel or slightly higher. Your goal is to sit back as far as possible on the box, stay tight in the core, pause and fire out of the hole with your heels gripping the floor and glutes contracting as hard as possible. It’s a fast movement out of the bottom, but the descent can be slow.
- Conditioning – 21-15-9 reps for time of
- Burpee Box Jump (28″/24″)
- Wall Bal (20#/14#) Note: This changed from KB Swings.
- Mobility – Spend time on your hips. Lacrosse Ball, Foam Roller, Wall Quad Stretch, Jump Band Stretches, etc.