Today’s 12pm class has been moved to 11am
We are going to try a couple new things for the next two months. Here they are:
- Every Wednesday will be a Hero WOD. That means the workout will be longer and more challenging than most. Remember, these too can be scaled down so don’t shy away. 90%+ of people don’t do them as prescribed anyway.
- Every Thursday will be a programmed REST DAY. That means a lot of good things for everybody! How is that, Tim? I’ll tell you how. For the people who want to workout 5 days per week it forces you to rest while giving you structure. For those who only come twice per week and Thursday happens to be one of them, it allows you to make up a workout that you missed during the week. For everybody it is a designated lift day. Therefore, if you simply want to come in, lift some heavy stuff, and go home you can. The week’s programming will be laid out as Monday-Wednesday, Thursday rest, Friday-Saturday, and Sunday rest. This does not mean you can’t come in if you worked out Monday-Wednesday, want to workout Thursday/Friday, and want to take the weekend off. You can always make it a goal day, or Pat and I can come up with a special “treat” for you. It’s only a trial, so if it sucks and everybody hates it, we’ll simply revert back. No biggie. Ignore this Thursday’s Sunday Update.
New Fundamentals – Starts Tuesday, 03/08 @ 6:45pm. We will be meeting on Tuesday and Thursday nights for 4 weeks. Sign up HERE.
Today’s Recipe – Thai Almond Pork – Nutty Kitchen
Today’s Links –
- Meet The Caveman Dieters – ABC News
- Live Debate: The Animal vs. Raw Fruit Vegan – Free The Animal (Stay Tuned)
- Goblet Squats 101 – T-Nation
- Mobility Warm Up
- 5×3 Back Squat @ 85% of 1RM
- WOD – 15 min AMRAP
- 12 Wall Balls (20/14 to 10ft target)
- 12 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
- 12 V-Ups
- 3 x 20 GHD Hip Extensions