GOALS – We had many members achieve their goals over the past three months. Here is a list of the achievements. Congratulations to everyone on their hard work. If I have missed anyone, please send me an email.
- Pat – Set out initially to do 50 pull ups and finished with 65 pull ups in a row! Pat also squatted 275lbs for 2 reps.
- Firas – Set out to complete 15 Pull ups and 25 Chest to deck push ups and completed 16 and 25 respectively.
- Sara – Set out to complete 2 unassisted pull ups in a row and worked her way all the way up to 16 at the end of March.
- Giuliana – Her goal was to get consecutive doubles unders and she is now completing 10+ easily.
- Vincent – He wanted to work on his kipping. At the end of the month he completed 24 pull ups in a row.
- Brian – He beat two goals of 20 pull ups and 20 double unders.
- Steve – He wanted to string together consecutive muscle ups and got up to 5 in a row.
- PJ – He beat his goal of 20 pull ups by completing 25 in a row.
- Doug – He wanted 3-5 unassisted pull ups, but got 8 on his first attempt after using the bands all month!
- Karen – Improved her single unders to a point where she can now do a double under. Karen also got 2 unassisted pull ups in a row!
- Colleen – Worked her way to getting one unassisted pull up. Many more to come.
- Jen – She got back to being able to do a muscle up.
Time to start thinking of your next goal. We are setting one and two-month goals. Please make sure you write it on the white board.
Today’s Links –
- Seasonality for the birds
- Can diet affect Migraines, Reflux, Asthma and Mouth Sores
- The dirty dozen: 12 tips for heavier pulls
- Paleo and dairy
Check out the video below for a good demonstration of the clean.
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm up
- Practice the clean – Warm up to your workout weight
- WOD – Complete the following for time
- 50 Double Unders
- 2 Cleans (Squat) (135/95)
- 40 Double Unders
- 4 Cleans
- 30 Double Unders
- 6 Cleans
- 20 Double Unders
- 8 Cleans
- 10 Double Unders
- 10 Cleans
- 3 x 20 GHD Sit ups