The Warrior Challenge – Erin and I just signed up! -Hosted by Jersey Shore CrossFit – A number of our members did this challenge last year and had a blast. Let’s get a big group for this year. I know some people have already signed up. Please write your name down if you are signing up.
Saturday, 05/21 – CrossFit 908 meets Crossfit OTG for a workout in Williamstown, NJ. We’ll workout in the morning, then make our way to AC to party the day/night/early morning away. We booked two rooms at the Trump Plaza for May 21. If you are interested, sign your name up on the whiteboard.
Fundamentals – We will be starting a new Fundamentals group on Tuesday, 05/03 @ 6:45pm. The class will run for 4 weeks meeting on Tuesday and Thursday nights. If you know anyone who is interested, please have them contact [email protected]
Today’s Recipe – Chocolate Power Balls – Elana’s Pantry
Today’s Links –
- The Paleo Solution – Episode 77 – Robb Wolf
- Whole9’s Guide to Nutritional Off-Roading – Whole 9 Life
- Curls, Bulls, and Bob Harper – TTMJ
- Mobility Warm Up
- Additional Group Structured Warm up
- WOD – FRAN – 21-15-9 reps for time of
- Thrusters (95/65)
- Pull Ups
- NOTE: Fran is a quintessential CrossFit workout. It’s a couplet (two exercises), and it has one of the most basic rep schemes. The workout is supposed to hurt, a lot. What does that mean? That means you should pick a weight on Thrusters that is going to challenge you, but that you will be able to string reps together. I don’t want the workout to take you longer than 10 minutes. The heaviest a guy will use is 95#, and the heaviest a girl will use is 65#. The workout is supposed to be a “sprint” of sorts. Top times in the world are right around 2 minutes. Really push it on this one. Don’t make the workout too hard for yourself. If you find yourself doing 1 pull up every 30 seconds, you have lost the intensity that this workout demands. Get after it!
- 3 x 25 GHD Hip Extensions