NEW Fundamentals – We are in the process of creating the next Fundamentals Class. We anticipate beginning the class as early as Tuesday, May 25th. If you know anyone who is interested, please have them email me as soon as possible.
Nutrition Challenge Winners – I am happy to announce that Claudia and Jon are the two winners from the most recent Nutrition Challenge. First, Claudia lost 15lbs in 6 weeks, which equated to over 8% of her bodyweight. That is a phenomenal achievement. Claudia followed an unweighed, unmeasured Paleo diet and saw excellent results. Claudia also dropped her time by over 4 minutes, which was good enough for the 4th best improvement in time. Jon made the biggest improvement on the benchmark workout, slashing his time by over 7 minutes from 23:30 to 16:17. This was a 31% decrease in his workout time. Jon also followed an unweighed and unmeasured Paleo diet and lost an impressive 9lbs or about 4.5% of his bodyweight. I think what makes these results even more impressive is that Jon and Claudia are both from cultures where grains are ingrained. Both deliberately went against traditional eating, which included a lot of rice, and delved into a whole new form of nutrition; high protein, high fat, low carb. Congratulations to both Claudia and Jon who will both be receiving a free one-month unlimited membership.
Honorable mentions –
- Jeanne only completed three rounds her first time completing the workout, but showed drastic improvement this time by completing her first three rounds in 7 minutes less than last time or nearly 42% faster! Jeanne completed the full five rounds in just one minute longer than it took her to do three rounds initially. Congrats Jeanne!
- Leaor, Erin, Katie, Sara, Chris and PJ all saw greater than 10% improvements in their workout times. Leaor actually had the second best improvement behind Jon with a 6 minute or 24% decrease in working time.
- Meredith, Leaor, Chris, PJ and Terry all dropped weight during the challenge. Meredith took second behind Claudia, losing over 7lbs and just over 5% of her bodyweight!
Again, Congratulations to everyone who competed!
Today’s Links –
- Smart Spice – Cinnamon – MDA
- The Paleolithic Solution – Episode 28 – Robb Wolf
- Every wonder what a fitness blogger does? – Nate Green
- Foam Roll / Mobility Warm Up / Burgener Warm Up
- Every minute on the minute complete the following –
- 20m shuttle run
- 5 Burpees
- 5 Box Jumps