Warrior Challenge – Saturday, July 16 in Avon, NJ. The gym will be closed on this Saturday. We have a group of about 15 members doing the challenge. It’s about an hour drive from union county. The challenge consists of a run with a sandbag, some burpees, some pull ups, and some surprise at the end. If people want to carpool from the gym, please express interest in the comments section. Erin and I will be down there already. We would like to host a little BBQ sometime on saturday for the members of 908. It will either be at our beach house, or Jimmy R’s. Looking forward to 908 showing up!
I know some people are in bed each night by 10pm, and that is great, so I am going to try and get the posts up by 9pm each night. One caveat. If I start seeing avoidance behavior in the 6am because people are checking the workout and wimping out, we’re going back to 1am.
Today’s Recipe – Chimichurri – ChowStalker
Today’s Links –
- How Important is Food Variety? – Mark’s Daily Apple
- IBS: Bran is Bad – when will doctors catch up? – Hunt Gather Love
- The Paleo Solution – Episode 87 – Robb Wolf
- Mobility Warm Up
- WOD – For Time (No partitioning – Standards listed as rx’d)
- 30 Hand Stand Push Ups (Head to ground)
- 40 Push Ups (Hand Release)
- 50 Wall Balls (20#/14# to 10ft target)
- 60 Kettlebell Swings (53#/35#)
- 70 Air Squats (Hip Crease Below Knee)
- 80 Double Unders (No Counting Failed Attempts)
- Accessory – 5 min squat test – Sit in the bottom of a squat for five minutes. No shoes allowed. Heels must remain in contact with the ground and knees must be aligned with toes. If you need to hold on to the pull up bar for support, that is okay.