On Saturday, August 16th, 2014, the greater CrossFit Jersey City community will be rallying together to memorialize slain Jersey City Police Officer Melvin Santiago, who was killed in the line of duty on July 13th, 2014.
CrossFit Jersey City has named a workout in honor of this hero:
2650m Row, then
7 x Deadlift (225/155)
13 x Box Jump (30/24)
14 x Burpees
We have set the fundraising bar high, though this community has already proven itself capable of achieving lofty goals. All funds collected will be going directly to the mother of Detective Santiago. We ask that you make any donation possible, as it is the very least we can do to honor a man who made the ultimate sacrifice while helping to protect our city.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Tonight starts a new round of Fundamentals. Sign up here!
- Skill – Handstand Practice – Athlete’s Choice – Take 20 minutes and work on handstand holds, push ups, walks, freestanding handstands (Long tutorial, but I think it is very thorough) etc. Work on progressions. Goal is to get everyone on the wall in some capacity.
- Conditioning – 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of
- Push Press (Sx = 75#/55# – Rx = 95#/65# – CRx = 115#/75#)
- Sumo-Deadlift High Pull (Same Bar)
- Coach’s Note: This workout should be relatively quick. Sets
- Finisher – 3 x Max Effort Ring Support Hold – Rest 60 sec. Focus on Rings turned out. If you can’t support your body weight, put your heels on a box and take some weight off.