Happy Birthday to Mike C! Have a great day!
February Primal Challengers! – Several of you have weighed in already, but there are still plenty left to hop on the scale. Your last day to weigh in is Friday, February 4. Remember, this is a one month challenge, ending on Friday, March 4. The winner is decided by greatest % weight loss. Here are some helpful resources.
Don’t think of this as a “Diet,” in the typical sense because that would mean you are constantly attempting to avoid certain foods. Think of it more as an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds that are superiorly nutritious to other nutrient deficient foods…EHEM…grains, processed carbs, etc. Try it for 30-days, and thank me later. Don’t forget to weigh in!
Today’s Recipe – Grain Free Biscuits with Bacon, Egg, & Cheese – Food Renegade
Today’s Links –
- Biomechanics of Foot Striking (in Minimal Shoes) – Barefoot Running (Thanks Billy)
- Walmart’s New Health Kick – LA Times (Thanks Billy)
- Leaning Curve – Life As A Plate
- Mobility Warm Up
- Clean & Jerk – 1-1-1-1-1 (Work on 5 sets of heavy singles. Try for a PR!)
- Tabata – This tabata is different. Although we’ll still be performing 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest for each of the exercises listed, we’ll be resting in a not so resting way. For each of the following exercises you will be resting in a static hold. Here goes…
- Top to Top Push Ups – You must rest in the top of the push up, arms fully extending in a plank position. Each rep starts at the top of the push up and finishes at the top of the push up.
- Top to Top V-Ups – You must rest with both your arms and feet off the ground. Each rep starts at the top of the v-up and finishes at the top.
- Bottom to Bottom Air Squats – You must rest in a squat with your hip crease below your knee staying ACTIVE! You are not allowed to go off tension during the squat. Each squat begins in the bottom and finishes in the bottom.
- 3 x 20 GHD Sit Ups